NorTech Industrial Services provides project management, construction management, and skilled labour for installation and maintenance of specialized mechanical equipment and associated structural steel. We operate in the lower mainland and throughout British Columbia
Reporting to the General Manager, as Project Manager at NorTech, part of NorLand Limited, you will be responsible for all aspects of successful project execution. You will provide overall leadership and control of the project, typically involving scope definition, scheduling, mobilization, engineering, design, procurement, subcontracts, construction, commissioning, and closeout. NorTech projects usually includes heavy industrial installation of bulk materials handling equipment and structures, although it may include commercial, infrastructure or institutional facilities.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, skill, and motivation, ensuring that each project has the resources to meet or exceed project goals
- Promote a work environment where the safety and health of all employees, subcontractors, and individuals is paramount
- Provide excellent customer service to our clients, communicating effectively and generally making NorTech a pleasure to work with
- Be accountable for project team performance and results
- Proactively lead, coach, and motivate project team members.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate clearly and concisely with client representatives to discuss project tasks, scheduling, execution, and commissioning while building trust and rapport.
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring that any changes to scope are documented and approved using a change order process
- Proactively lead, coach, and motivate project team members and be accountable for team performance and results
- Provide discipline specific technical mentorship to the engineering and field teams
- Review plans & specifications to determine scope of work and define project requirements
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in engineering, construction or project management, or technical school diploma and extensive practical project management experience on applicable project work
- 6+ years of work experience in engineering, construction or other related technical field with increasing levels of responsibility and development
- 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager in the industrial construction sector
- Significant experience mentoring, coaching, and leading a team and the ability to hold members responsible for their performance
- Excellent communication skills at all stakeholder levels – including suppliers and fabricators, field and office staff, consultancies, and clients and owners
- Estimating and business development experience is an asset
- Attention to detail but ability to focus on the big picture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic – willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Proficient in MS project, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Outstanding time management, prioritization, multitasking, and organizational skills.